• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tanker jacket

L42A1

What is the design and fit of a tanker jacket? Photos of them are typically quite baggy in the lower back, with the pleated back. The Spearhead version in a size 42 measures 25" across the armpits and I wonder if this is typical of the design?
Ed

havocpaul

They can feel kind of 'baggy' due to the bi-swing back which in poor repros is prone to ballooning. Many repros are just wrong and although I cannot comment on a Spearhead one as I haven't seen one, if it is the type sold by the likes of Soldier of Fortune (usually with an Armored Div patch attached) then I would avoid. ATF, SM Wholesale, WWImpressions offer better examples as do Buzz Rickson if you can afford a mortgage to buy one!

RudyN

They do have a nice swingback so they can fit a bit larger than the size states. I was walking around a car show swap meet area of all places and found an original one. The wool is pretty beat up, but for the price it couldn't be beat and it fit me. By the way the price was $8.00 :mrgreen: (not a typo)