• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talon zipper available

Roughwear

I stupidly bought one of these last year. They are oversized and nothing like the quality of an original Talon. They are best avoided and certainly should not be used on an original A2 IMO.

atkins

I see, that's explain the OD colored tape fuzziness. Hang on, i'll try post picture.

3162048557_6549795a57.jpg

Baron Kurtz

I was almost tempted by the apparent authenticity of the pullers.

Everyone i know who knows anything about vintage zippers tells me to steer well clear of these.

bk

Roughwear

Baron Kurtz said:
I was almost tempted by the apparent authenticity of the pullers.

Everyone i know who knows anything about vintage zippers tells me to steer well clear of these.

bk

And I hope you will! :)

Maverickson

Roughwear said:
I stupidly bought one of these last year. They are oversized and nothing like the quality of an original Talon. They are best avoided and certainly should not be used on an original A2 IMO.

I believe you are right about that Andrew. This same zipper that you are refering to is not a complete reproduction of that vintage Talon zipper and best to avoid this particular zipper for any vintage jacket. On the contrary, this is a "modern" Talon zipper assembly as seen
L1010176.jpg
this particular Talon does not exhibit the old style box.

My desire to find the correct origianl zipper assembly for my Willis & Geiger M-422A has lead me to discover the correct type of zipper for my jacket. According to John Chapman, who so graciously guided me in the right direction, it seems that my M-422A was an early version of that jacket.

Those early versions would have initially used
TalonDecoBox.jpg
this "Deco" style Talon. Also, later in the production run these same M-422A jackets would have been found to have used this style
RerproTalons.jpg
Talon. So as explained by John, either of these two Talon zippers would be correct for my Willis & Geiger M-422A jacket.

When I send this same jacket out to Aero to be refurbished I must decide whether to use an original or reproduction model. I am told that Aero uses a good reprodution of that same Deco Talon zipper. I will know shortly when Aero reopens following their holiday.

Dave

A

Anonymous

So where can you buy a good repro talon ,crown, conmar zippers ,the jacket companies will not sell them direct to private individuals ELC,AERO etc .So any one know ? .Rgds jeff

A

Anonymous

Hi David thank for the link ,all went well until I tried to place an order then everthing came up in Kanji .How do I translate the order page or do I just order by phone.Rgds Jeff