• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sspecial 9AF patch

A

Anonymous

That's one of Sean's a2jacketpatches, new designs. He's trying for that metrosexual group, anything to sell a patch.

zoomer

Must have run out of bullion wire, and this was all that was left. Or maybe the owner wanted to go for a Native American effect (altho the only Native American this reminds me of is Wayne Newton :lol: ).

dmar836

I did such beading as a kid and I think it could be done much better...... but why? Guess he's just bored.

a2jacketpatches

Actually, as crude as they can be, unit patches were rendered in beads by Native American family members. I saw a 42nd Division done beautifully this way along with other units that I can't remember. The detail is limited depending on the size and shape of the bead used, and is usually compromised a little. If the beads in this patch are glass, irregular shape and size, it is probably real. The tiny beads are individually hand picked as the design is rendered for the best fit within the design. I dated a Pawnee woman years ago, the effort and time put into this art form is more than I'm will to put fourth. But I could do it. About the only thing I can't remember about the process is how to tie off the ends.

dmar836

He has a lot of patches in his feedback history that appear to be random repros to me. I wouldn't consider this one.

JMO,
Dave