• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sport shoes

dujardin

also received today,
a pair of sport shoes.
in really good condition, not many times weared.
pitty, they are post war : dated 1946.
can someone tell me if the WW2 issued sport shoes were identical to these.

PICT0002-2.jpg

PICT0004-1.jpg

PICT0005-1-1.jpg

PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

byebyeeeeeeee marcel

atkins

Wow cool stuff Mon Ami! I'm crazy about military Olive drab stuff..... best thing i can think of is the resemblance to " US NAVY Modern Coral Boots"

footwear-seal%20coral%20boot-1.JPG

Maybe you could start from there. Here's their main site:http://specwargear.com/

Regards,
Atkins

watchmanjimg

Marcel:

These appear to be the type of shoe worn by UDT divers, but I suspect they were originally intended for general athletic use. The US military issued plain canvas low-top shoes in a natural color (stamped "CONVERSE" in plain lettering on the inner lining) as recently as the '80s. They were essentially a version of the classic All-Star. Additionally I have seen examples of an early "jungle boot" worn in the Pacific during WW2 that was basically a taller version of the type you have, and I believe shoes like yours were also worn in combat in some instances.

In any case I congratulate you on a relatively rare find!

dujardin

many thanks,

i'm also very happy of this buy.
secret for nobody, ebay is a free world; i only paid 43,50 usd for the sport shoes.
for the garrison cap, only ONE dollars fifty
for the cap fields, i only paid 6,5 usd for the 3 caps
i was also lucky with the A9, i snipped her at the 3 last seconds for a small price of 76 usd

i was very lucky those week

but alas, no jacket for just a few cents

byebyeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel