• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

South Korea? anyone?

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
A friend of mine is going to South Korea.
Anyone here knows if any descent A-2 repros can be found there?

Any online shops so I can buy iit and have my friend bring it back when he comes back?
so to save the shipping/customs costs...

Do you know any online shops?

A

Anonymous

This place is just outside the gate of Osan Air base: http://www.oxfordleathershop.com/index1.html Low price cowhide jackets, tons off the rack or custom made. You can order off the internet, but is much more fun to check out Osan in person. Lots of shops, patches, name tags and tons of very cute "buy me drinkie" girls. Thats what I have been told... ;)

Weasel_Loader

I was at Osan from '03-'04. Wing Nut is correct. Nothing exciting for authentic flight jackets, but plenty of deals on other leather jackets and things. Fun time! :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, but...
no Buzz, no Real McCoy, no The Few ?

A

Anonymous

Not in South Korea. Lots of leather shops that will custom make jackets for you at a great price. One option.

No Buzz/FEW/RMNZ, high end jackets there as far as I know.

usafwso

Do they still have all the sneaker shoe shops in Songtong City right outside the front gates at Osan? On my trips to Osan over the years was the smell of cheaply tanned leather and fair to poor quality workmanship. I can't imagine even wanting any sort of A-2 repro from there. HOWEVER, if you need a nicely customized embroidered leather visor cover for your HGU-55 helmet there is a great little shop that does some great work. Mr. Kim does great work!

There are no more cheap sneaker shops outside the K-55 gate, but they do have a Foot Locker store down the strip. There had been a huge crackdown on "fake" shoe brands some time ago (years) by Korean officials--the Korean merchants used to sell REEBOKS, as I have bought many in the past.

My dad, a 21-year USN Veteran, and I travel to Songtan every year out of Travis Air Force Base--we stay at the lodge on base in Korea, but if there's no room, which is always the case, we stay at the Rose Hotel.

You are right about "cheaply" made stuff over there--and as everyone stated, there's no BR, The Few, etc...no matter where you look, especially in Songtan/Osan. If you want those brands, best bet is to go to Japan, or online order.

Make sure you get all your medical shots before you go there--Hep. A & B.

A

Anonymous

Funny that the Japanese got bombed by the Americans and have their jackets
and the Koreans who were saved by the Americans don't

A

Anonymous

Having been to both places, one trip to Korea is more than enough.