• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something slightly different. Buzz B-15A Mod

Peter Graham

I got this one from Asiamiles in Japan. I'm a big fan of the cloth B-15's but not the large mouton collar so I thought this would be perfect. This is not one of BR's fantasy jackets. WW2 B-15's were modified postwar. The cut of the jacket is very accurate, as is the sateen cotton shell. The colour and weave are perfect as are the knits, the collar being a different colour to the cuffs and waistband, a reflection of the modification. Very impressive. Slightly less impressive is the grey wool lining. It looks accurate but it's very different from the alpaca of an original. It's effective though as It's been keeping me warm in the sub zero temps we've been having over the last few days. The accuracy of the US Air Force stencils is open to debate as B-15A's were produced while the Army Air Forces was still in existence. Maybe the stencils were added on down the line, maybe when the jackets were issued. Anyone know ? That's nitpicking though. It's always an event for me when a Buzz jacket arrives. They are just so darn nice and so wearable. This one is no exception. It's a favourite already.

B-15A007.jpg

B-15A003.jpg

B-15A006.jpg

B-15A005.jpg

B-15A004.jpg

B-15A002.jpg

B-15A001.jpg

dujardin

splendid one Peter

i really like

mix between B-15 and MA-1

very cool looking jacket
enjoy her

marcel

asiamiles

Looks good on you Pete. Wouldn't the stencil have been applied when the jacket was modified?

MikeyB-17

Looks great Peter! Knickers to the little details (and who knows, could be accurate anyway). Nobody's going to stop their horse and cart to look at those. I never liked the collar on the mk.I B-15 either, but that looks cool. Ideal weather for it!

Peter Graham

asiamiles said:
Looks good on you Pete. Wouldn't the stencil have been applied when the jacket was modified?
I'd be interested to find out Miles. Rest assured it's not going to spoil it for me ! Glad you like it lads. I'm really enjoying wearing it in our freezing weather. It's a size 38 and a big bonus is that it's a practical length compared to the nylon B-15's and MA-1's. I'd say it's about an inch longer which makes a big difference.