• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something for Jeff and Andrew...530th BS

ties70

My first attempt at this design...just a quick shot to see how it looks compared to Jeffs sewn version.

I took the freedom to change the bunny's color into "Bugs-Bunny-Grey". Maybe the overall color choice can be improved...

Let me know what you think.

bunny2.jpg

Ties

Andrew

As usual excellent work Ties, I don't know what they're meant to be but I love the colours. He does look a bit funny without a neck but as far as I can tell you've got it right as that's the way i've also seen this design represented. It'd be nice to see an original to compare. Jeff sent me his version so i'll post a shot of it later.

http://380th.org/HISTORY/530/530th_25.gif
http://www.b24bestweb.com/patch-380th-bg-530th-bs.htm

Unless Jeff bags it i'd love to buy it please.

shedonwanna

Here is an original painted 530th that was on a jacket owned by my friend who was a navigator with the 380th BG. The back of the jacket is also included. He also had an uncut silkscreened version which I am still searching for - changed computers in January and still need to transfer some images. Sadly he passed away about a year ago but I'll see if his wife still has the patch. He gave the jacket to his son several years ago.

The bunny, in both versions, was a light tan or brown.

530thbsj.jpg

380thbgk.jpg

Found a printed decal version of the 530th, just not my friends copy. I have seen several of these that were mass produced on a thick white leather. This may be the one from Maguire's book.

530thbs_decal_vintage.jpg

A

Anonymous

Hi Ties great work as always ,re the color that has always been the hardest thing to decide with originals faded and computor monitor differences .Oh Ties your book is here I will pack it up and get a mailing price to Germany for you .Andrew re the patch you bag it ;) .Tie my first 530th had full ears like yours but the more I reserched the one consistant detail was the ears cut off at the border.Great work Ties !.

Rgds Jeff

shedonwanna

Here is the 530th patch and my friend wearing the jacket. The jacket was very stiff and we didn't want to crack the leather. I have never seen one of these patches sewn to a jacket - usually a handpainted version painted directly on jacket. The leather was very thick and spongy; notice small piece missing from right side of image.

530thbs_khan.jpg

kingoheavyhankock.jpg

Andrew

Thanks very much for posting these Shed, they're great and what an excellent jacket that is. They'll help a lot in getting the best result.

A

Anonymous

Hi Shed I am always amazed that WW2 vets can still fit into their issued A-2 type jackets 60 years later ,more than can be said for todays generation who seem to be getting fatter by the day . :lol:
Thanks for posting the patches .

All the best Jeff