• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Disney Inspired Patches

442RCT

I know this is an E-bay listing, but I thought these Disney patches were pretty cool,, whether they're genuine or not.

http://shop.ebay.com/fhhindc/m.html?_nk ... ksid=p4340

I purchased 65 patches from an individual in Feb. 2007. He said he bought them at a garage sale. I have studied these patches carefully and contacted many knowledgeable collectors of both squadron patches and Disney memorabilia. A booklet showing all of the patches was sent to and examined by Robert Tieman, Manager, Walt Disney Archives. He provided me with the letters shown in the photos.

The patch collection itself was also thoroughly examined by a team of individuals at the world's leading Disney memorabilia auction house. They could not reach agreement as to the age of the patches and decided not to auction them.

:?: Does anyone know how I can download the images from E-bay ? :?:

unclegrumpy

Terms of Sale (Please Read Carefully):
- This patch is sold WITHOUT guarantee as to actual age.
- Buy these patches because of their obvious age, condition, and cool subject matter.
- All sales on these patches are FINAL.
- NO RETURNS.

I think this tells you all you need to know...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

CBI

the seller has a thread on FL about these. Although some do look old they are probably not WWII era. There are too many questionable things about these in terms of the overall look. The seller says he contacted Disney and some collectors but in the end, none of these folks could verify the age of these. As stated above, typically, unless one is 100% or at least 90 % on/with this type of thing, its probably not authentic. Best case, someone within the last 30-40 years might have decided to paint a bunch of these as a hobby, later to be passed on. Perhaps a few originals are in the mix bit so far, nothing yet.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:

You can save, and upload to Photobucket, or just hotlink ...

!Bent0jQ!2k~$(KGrHqQH-D4ErfWs(fQYBK-!1iC0BQ~~_35.JPG

442RCT

deeb7 said:
442RCT said:

You can save, and upload to Photobucket, or just hotlink ...

Thanks ! Usually a "Save Image" pops up, and one didn't, so I thought there was some type of secret anti-copy code.

I wasn't on buying any of them...I just like them for what they were...Disney "inspired" patches.
If I have time, I might even paint one or two. Whoever did the painting, they did a great job.

Jay