• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleeve Cuff Zipper

PeterRocco

2DC0426F-8FB3-42FC-B22B-256FE3B9DA07.png
2DC0426F-8FB3-42FC-B22B-256FE3B9DA07.png
2DC0426F-8FB3-42FC-B22B-256FE3B9DA07.pngHi
Do you know why there was no zippers installed on this jacket sleeve cuff? Does not look like there was and removed?

PeterRocco

Hi
I see but looking closely I don't see any old thread holes. I was just looking for other members option. I Thank You for Yours.
I guess I was hoping it was a custom option. So zipper does not scratch your bike.
Thank You
Pete

B-Man2

Hi
I see but looking closely I don't see any old thread holes. I was just looking for other members option. I Thank You for Yours.
I guess I was hoping it was a custom option. So zipper does not scratch your bike.
Thank You
Pete
Hi
I really have no idea why the jacket sleeves were made in this manner however, I can say that I’ve ridden bikes (motorcycles) for most of my adult life and I’ve never had or heard of a zipper from the sleeve scratching any part of a bike. I have heard of a waist buckle of a motorcycle jacket which was left unbuckled flopping around in the wind while riding, lightly scratching the top of one guy tank but that was a freak occurrence .

PeterRocco

The zippers would have been stitched in under the existing seams. Once removed and reassembled, any stitch holes would not be seen.
Hi
Thank You Very Helpful. I think everyone's right. Zippers were removed and maybe even sleeves shortened.

CombatWombat

Hi
I really have no idea why the jacket sleeves were made in this manner however, I can say that I’ve ridden bikes (motorcycles) for most of my adult life and I’ve never had or heard of a zipper from the sleeve scratching any part of a bike. I have heard of a waist buckle of a motorcycle jacket which was left unbuckled flopping around in the wind while riding, lightly scratching the top of one guy tank but that was a freak occurrence .
I was going to say that......
I've never heard of zippers scratching a bike.... though I've got "upright" BSA and Triumph bikes rather than "bent over a Kawasaki Ninja " racing bike so I didn't know if it was a "thing" the slick guys with their racing jackets had issues with

PeterRocco

Hi
So here is the Jacket I was talking about. I just received it.
The Seller on Ebay has other jackets made by other Manufactures listed all missing the Sleeve Zippers. I contacted Branded Garments in New York who made the jacket and they said it was a custom order that way. They still make this jacket. You can find them on Etsy. Don't make as many styles like they used to. I think down to two.
Best
Pete

B-Man2

I was going to say that......
I've never heard of zippers scratching a bike.... though I've got "upright" BSA and Triumph bikes rather than "bent over a Kawasaki Ninja " racing bike so I didn't know if it was a "thing" the slick guys with their racing jackets had issues with
The one guy who experienced the light scratches on his tank was riding a Harley and was wearing a traditional belted MC jacket like the one pictured below. He learned to buckle it up so that the wind didn’t let the belted part flop all over the place .
5B2878E7-914D-4EF8-ADB6-A907B0A13FB1.jpeg

CombatWombat

Hi
So here is the Jacket I was talking about. I just received it.
The Seller on Ebay has other jackets made by other Manufactures listed all missing the Sleeve Zippers. I contacted Branded Garments in New York who made the jacket and they said it was a custom order that way. They still make this jacket. You can find them on Etsy. Don't make as many styles like they used to. I think down to two.
Best
Pete
I didn't know Branded Garments made anything after the crazy daze that was the 80's.....I guess the "mall jacket" phase is coming back again

CombatWombat

The one guy who experienced the light scratches on his tank was riding a Harley and was wearing a traditional belted MC jacket like the one pictured below. He learned to buckle it up so that the wind didn’t let the belted part flop all over the place .
View attachment 80847
Ahhh Geez Louise...... wasn't even leaning forwards and he did it.....
The jackets I use that's got a waist buckle I had a leather flap put on to flip it back when I don't have it done up

PeterRocco

Hi
Yes anytime one comes up for sale in my size I buy it. I own two Of their Jackets. Yes I agree just as Good as Schott Leather. I think their leather is thicker then SCHOTT'S.