• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skymasters Football Jackets

Stony

I recently acquired these two wool jackets that belonged to a MSgt. in the Air Force. He played football for his unit and made the all-star team as you can see by the patch on the blue jacket.

Both jackets are all wool with the red one having a Talon zipper while the blue one has buttons. Minor nips here and there, but overall both jackets are in really nice condition. The red one is about a size 44 while the blue one is a bit larger. The blue one is unique in that the bottom of the jacket comes all the way down to the middle of my thighs. Has anyone see a jacket style like this? The arm length is normal, so I think this jacket was made that way on purpose.

I was questioning the spelling of "Tokio" on the all-star jacket, but someone told me that the Japanese spell it that way. Don't know for sure if it just wasn't a typo.

Colors are showing a bit bright, but that is from the flash.

49skymasters.jpg

49patch.jpg

allstarcoat.jpg

allstarpatch.jpg

jack aranda

Those are nice, man! Looks like good wool, great colors. Evokes a whole lot of images, too. Post-war Japan, 1949, U.S. servicemen on station playing football. Oh, there are some stories in those jackets, yes, indeed. Thanks for the pics.