• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skyline Clothing Corporation Type L-2b, SPEC. MIL-J-7448C

oose

HI all,

Just picked up this L-2b, and was wondering what date this is 1957 or 58, the flight suits I have dated 58 don't have the oxygen tab.
Its got UV fade and need new cuff knits but otherwise a great jacket. If anyone has a full list of L-2b contracts and dates it would it be possible to post it here? If not I may have a go myself :)

All the best
stu

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Re: Skyline Clothing Corporation Type L-2b, SPEC. MIL-J-7448

oose said:
Just picked up this L-2b, and was wondering what date this is 1957 or 58, the flight suits I have dated 58 don't have the oxygen tab.

It's the first of the three 7448C contracts, and it's from fiscal year 1958, so late '57, or early '58. I have the next one, the Rolen from 1959, and it still has the tab ... it was eliminated the following year with the Alpha contract.

Tim P

That looks nice and the UV fade gives it character that repros lack.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

Oh yeah, no epaulets, but still with the snap at the waist ... Alpha's 1965 version is unique.

watchmanjimg

deeb7 said:
Oh yeah, no epaulets, but still with the snap at the waist ... Alpha's 1965 version is unique.

Indeed, and if memory serves there was another '65 Alpha contract with neither epaulets nor the waist tab. :D

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

watchmanjimg said:
Indeed, and if memory serves there was another '65 Alpha contract with neither epaulets nor the waist tab. :D

Yes, the 7448G from September '65 ... that makes it a '66 contract. :D

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

Tim P said:
also, no pocket flaps?

Strange eh? They reappear on the 7448J after a five year absense ... I guess they missed them.

oose

Thanks Guys,

I'm sure this one will be my summer evening wearer down the pub, new knits should be with me any time soon, Ill post pics when all is done. I've been waiting for one off these to come my way for a while, now I just need that elusive L-2a!

All the best
stu