• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Police jackets

Lord Flashheart

I openly admit I know very little about leather Police jackets but I assume they have a history and line of development just as interesting as the story of the various classic flying jackets which can be explored elsewhere here. Much like the flying jacket I guess they're workwear which has found its way into popular culture. I grew up watching Hill Street Blues and so I'll use that as my starting point. I presume that various countries had their own designs to meet the needs of their own law enforcement agencies.

So, show us the Police jackets you have and tell us a bit about them.

hsb-ensemble-1.jpeg

MikeyB-17

Oo, I like the sound of this. Haven’t got any, know very little about them, but interested. Good shout. Daughter’s boyfriend tried one on in a vintage shop a while back, he didn’t buy it. I didn’t feel the urge to snap it up (it wasn’t especially prepossessing, 80’s/90’s I imagine) but the subject still intrigues me. Beat-up older ones look cool.

Silver Surfer

buco police jacket circa 1952-56. this jacket is in rock solid wearable condition, and unli
IMG_4675.jpg
IMG_4673.jpg
IMG_4674.jpg
ke so many bucos, it does not have any fissures or cracking in the hides. I had Steve reverse the top pocket flap so that the badge holes are now on the inside. furthermore, he made the top pocket sack shorter as it was designed to accommodate a large old style ticket book. this particular style buco can still be found for sale for far less sought than the d pocket jackets. the rose pin is a homage to the "white rose" underground in Germany prior to, and during wwll.

CK90

buco police jacket circa 1952-56. this jacket is in rock solid wearable condition, and unliView attachment 131517View attachment 131519View attachment 131515ke so many bucos, it does not have any fissures or cracking in the hides. I had Steve reverse the top pocket flap so that the badge holes are now on the inside. furthermore, he made the top pocket sack shorter as it was designed to accommodate a large old style ticket book. this particular style buco can still be found for sale for far less sought than the d pocket jackets. the rose pin is a homage to the "white rose" underground in Germany prior to, and during wwll.
That is a beauty man. A vintage Buco is pretty much the one and only vintage jacket on my (long) list. You've now turned my attention to Buco police jackets!

Silver Surfer

if you find a Buco that you like, and considering purchasing, be sure to ask for specific measurements, as the tend to be smaller that labeled. also, look for dried out and or cracking hides,, as Bucos are prone to to that for reasons that I can not fathom.

Last edited:

CK90

if you find a Buco that you like, and considering purchasing, be sure to ask for specific measurements, as the tend to be smaller that labeled. also, look for dried out and or cracking hides,, as bucks are prone to to that for reasons that I can not fathom.
Appreciate the the wisdom!