• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears help

Happy Hooligan

Anyone know the year this Sears jacket was made? It looks like it’s Genuine Horsehide and not Front Quarter like I’m use to seeing. What do you think that value of it would be too? I’m thinking of buying it.

Attachments

• IMG_2243.png
    IMG_2243.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2242.png
    IMG_2242.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 113

Silver Surfer

A pic of the zipper puller would help, as sears (farmed out to jacket makers) offered that type of jacket from the late 40s through the 60s. Many had quilted liners.

Silver Surfer

Sears did not actually make their leather jackets, same as with sears washing machines. They put the sears label on goods that they contracted to have made by different contractors. Sears was a store, not a manufacturer. By the looks of your jacket, I would venture a guess at late 50s-early60s. There are some tell tale clues to who the maker might be, but that requires close examination of construction, seam fitting, hides, etc. btw, from the pix, it appears that the liner is hanging out of one of the sleeve, maybe both, and hanging out of the body. If that is the case, you should factor that in as the liner will need to be replaced for the jacket to be worn. Jacket value? Dunno, but I would not spend any more that $200 for it, since replacing the liner is appx $150-$250.