• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schach !

442RCT

This is one of the most striking aviation art prints I'd ever seen, "Checkmate". When I saw it, I had to have it. It depicts, Col. John D. Landers in his plane, the chess board nosed, "Big Beautiful Doll", and his wingman strafing a German train. The prop wash as the plane flies through the steam escaping from the engine's holed boilers was way cool. I framed it, added some insignia, had a plate with his name and unit engraved on it, and painted a squadron patch to fit in the space to balance out the DFC. (btw-none of this memorabilia belonged to Col. Landers)

I got it when it was a signed limited edition print, and it turns out, I wasn't the only person who thought this was a great print, a lot of aviation collectors wanted a copy, so it can now be purchased as a poster or even as a 'collectible' plate. For a better look at the print: http://www.oldgloryprints.com/Checkmate ... 0Krebs.htm

DSCF0102.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

Stony

I have this print and another Henz Krebs painting called "Lighthouse Louie".