• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Russet Capeskin has arrived - A-1 project in the works.

Skyhawk

Headwind Clothing Company - Forthcoming G&F A-1 Flying Jacket Reproduction

Hello all, I have received samples of the new Capeskin (Sheep) I will be using for the upcoming A-1 jacket. I am very happy and excited to have sourced this hide! It is the perfect color and weight for The project.

This new A-1 reproduction is going to be a huge step up in accuracy and materials, featuring dark russet Capeskin, 100% wool Med Brown knits, and the correct cotton sateen liner. It is a reproduction of the Gordon & Ferguson 31-800P.

The 37J1 jacket will also be getting some improvements with 100% wool Dark Brown knits, and an option of dark seal Capeskin. However, I believe the current seal Goatskin is a nicer hide. Thicker, more durable and excellent graining.

The new materials will raise the cost of the jackets, but the end result will be much more accurate, higher quality reproductions. I am still working out the details, but the new prices should still be well under $1000.

Capeskin on top of a Russet brown BK Werber:

New label & the cotton sateen liner. Note the slight font size changes on the top line and bottom line of the label. A perfect match to the original:

Original label: