• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reverse 'superior togs'?

Tim P

whilst regarding my blue L2a jacket with OD knits I wondered if the L2 was ever produced with other coloured knits. now the chronology of old knits on new jacket make the L2a plausible so I cant see blue knits on an L2 (however quirky that might be) but just like the B10 with rust knits I wonder if anyone knows of other examples of contrasting knits on nylon?

Personally I dont buy into the fading answer for the oD on blue either because the blue would have a corresponding degree of fading too a la UV?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tim P said:
Personally I dont buy into the fading answer for the oD on blue either because the blue would have a corresponding degree of fading too a la UV?

I'm a believer ... I was convinced by Brooks. He has handled so many originals, and posted the picture of the removed, shredded, green knits, with the strong blue band from under the seam.

And it's unique to Superior Togs ... I wondered if they had dyed their stock of olive knits, and the dye wasn't colourfast.

greyhound52

deeb7 said:
Tim P said:

I'm a believer ... I was convinced by Brooks. He has handled so many originals, and posted the picture of the removed, shredded, green knits, with the strong blue band from under the seam.

And it's unique to Superior Togs ... I wondered if they had dyed their stock of olive knits, and the dye wasn't colourfast.

I saw one as well superior togs. My current superior togs L-2A doesn't seem to have that problem. But your theory on dye over olive knits could be an answer.