• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request for Information/Images of Jackets AN-J-3

Dr H

I picked up a Doniger jacket last night (another McGregor - this time with a label - that Andrew, Roughwear, highlighted) that has all the hallmarks of an AN-J-3, but I'm woefully ignorant of these jackets and I'm trying to do some research on it.

I have very little information in my small selection of books - there is a little with images of an unlabelled AN-J-3 (believed Willis & Geiger) on John Chapman's Flight Jacket CD.

I'd be really grateful if anybody could supply any scanned images of known jacket please (is there anything in Suit Up or similar?).

Otherwise, does anybody on the Forum own an AN-J-3? I recall that Andrew had one for sale recently.

Thank for your help.

Ian

Roughwear

The jacket on the Aero site is very similar to the one I used to own. The label is a slightly defaced Aero A-3 trouser label from 1943.