• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro or vintage #2 ...

Andrew

Ok, this is a "non expert" comment...

I dunno it's pretty well worn, shell, collar lining, but the knits looks new despite a few holes and it has got a lot of pucker around the waist and back. No idea...next

Peter Graham

Another non expert opinion. Who would put a Serval zipper in a modern repro ? I think it's original unless it's an elaborate fake of course.

T-Bolt

Looks like an original to me, but.......unfortunately it has replacement knits that sewn in poorly creating all the "pucker factor". Many original 21996 contract Aero's that I have seen have classy brick red knits which would have looked nice with this jacket.

Maybe it was depoted, considering the shoulder decal and dark shade of brown, also the leather hanger strip is a russet brown......more possible depot evidence. The zipper is a bogus replacement, which is also unfortunate.

Aero of Scotand does not do the 21996 contract reproduction to my knowledge.

Ted

T-Bolt

zoomer said:
I'm suspicious of the close set of the pockets on a size 44.

I think if you smoothed out the front to account for the puckering rolls of leather it wouldn't look much different than the original Aero shown on Acme Depot.

Ted

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
srivats said:
I think this is a repro by Aero scotland ... looks too new to be WW2.

I'm voting original too ... right down to the correct cutter's tag.

Though the seller's measurements do look a little screwy. A size 44, with 22" chest, narrow in the shoulder, long in the body ... not the usual shape for an Aero.