• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repo Labels

SteveN

G'Day Gentlemen,

I'm thinking about replacing the lining of an original Dubow (one of the single piece label types) and want to add a new label at the same time (doesn't have one now). Is there a source for A2 reproduction labels? Where do these repo manufacturers get them?

Regards,
- SteveN

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
SteveN said:
Is there a source for A2 reproduction labels? Where do these repo manufacturers get them?

They have them made, and don't sell them separately. Occasionally a label will appear on eBay, but the chances of finding the correct one are slim.

SteveN

deeb7 said:
SteveN said:
Is there a source for A2 reproduction labels? Where do these repo manufacturers get them?

They have them made, and don't sell them separately. Occasionally a label will appear on eBay, but the chances of finding the correct one are slim.

Ugh. I was afraid of that. Problem now is getting a label maker to do a small run; I might spring for 20-50 if necessary and then resell on eBay though...

Anyone know a manufacturer for labels?

- Steve

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
SteveN said:
Ugh. I was afraid of that. Problem now is getting a label maker to do a small run; I might spring for 20-50 if necessary and then resell on eBay though...

Someone here tried to do that, and couldn't get enough interest on the forum. There are so many different labels ... Dubow 27798 being more of a problem, with the size incorporated into the label.

ties70

Re: Repro Labels

You might try to contact John Chapman of Good Wear Leather.

He should be able to help, either with the correct label or the contact for a lable manufacturer...

Ties

Roughwear

ties70 said:

He should be able to help, either with the correct label or the contact for a lable manufacturer...

Ties

I second this suggestion having bought a couple of repro labels from him during the last three years. Expect to pay around $30 for the label.

delta102uk

Roughwear said:
ties70 said:

Ties

I second this suggestion having bought a couple of repro labels from him during the last three years. Expect to pay around $30 for the label.

Speaking of lables don't suppose anyone has one of these laying around?....or will I have to wait until JC re-produces the G&F anj3a. ;)

6693_3.jpg