• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing knit cuffs on original vintage A-2 deck jacket

mumpy

Hi there,

I would like to replace the knit cuffs on my original A-2 deck jacket as they are worn out. Any ideas as to where I could buy matching replacement ones?

Thanks!

Thomas Koehle

Hi there,

I would like to replace the knit cuffs on my original A-2 deck jacket as they are worn out. Any ideas as to where I could buy matching replacement ones?

Thanks!

Never ever saw some for sale - mayve you can get in touch with 5Star - they use to have khaki-colored knittings for their A2 jackets ...

Might not be a 100% color-match but better than nothing

Last edited:

blackrat2

Was just gonna say try Aero, they replaced my collar and cuffs on a original WEP jacket some years ago..Denny do you guys still take on repairs?

MarilynJones

You may want to check with specialized vintage clothing or military surplus stores. They often carry replacement parts or may be able to direct you to someone who can help with restoring original pieces. Online platforms like Etsy or forums dedicated to vintage military clothing might also have recommendations from fellow enthusiasts.

denny@aero

You may want to check with specialized vintage clothing or military surplus stores. They often carry replacement parts or may be able to direct you to someone who can help with restoring original pieces. Online platforms like Etsy or forums dedicated to vintage military clothing might also have recommendations from fellow enthusiasts.
"forums dedicated to vintage military clothing" ..........now I wonder where such a forum might exist ? ;)

Skyhawk

Headwind has all colors of Worsted Wool knits available on the website. They are in stock and ready to ship.

Here is the link for Olive. They are 100% Wool with tubular seamless cuffs:
https://www.headwindmfg.com/olive-knits.html

IMG_20221229_142856546-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png