• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

replacement talon zip tags?

rob20uk

Have any of you any idea where you can get replacement talon zip tags?

It seems a shame to fully replace the entire zip.

IMG_8803.jpeg

Skyhawk

He's talking about the diamond puller I believe. I have some brass ones, but this one looks to be nickel. They are #5 size and the repro pullers should work. That won't matter though if you just need the diamond piece.

Dumpster D

It seems a shame to fully replace the entire zip.
It would be a shame, you're right.

I'm sorry I don't know where to find talon zipper 'Tags'. I'm not clear what that is exactly, could you please post a picture of what you're looking for if possible?

I don't know. Would it not be possible to leave the zipper with no 'tag'? and live with it?

rob20uk

In an ideal world I would actually want brass as that would go with the main zip and sleeves zips

rob20uk

It would be a shame, you're right.

I'm sorry I don't know where to find talon zipper 'Tags'. I'm not clear what that is exactly, could you please post a picture of what you're looking for if possible?

I don't know. Would it not be possible to leave the zipper with no 'tag'? and live with it?
It’s the bit that attaches to the zip head that I was looking to find a replacement for.

IMG_8818.jpeg

Dumpster D

There's some Talon zippers with those style 'tag's on ebay right now. They are not individual parts however, you have to buy the whole zipper, then remove the 'tag' somehow, then reinstall on your jacket zipper. That's what I would probably do.

rob20uk

There's some Talon zippers with those style 'tag's on ebay right now. They are not individual parts however, you have to buy the whole zipper, then remove the 'tag' somehow, then reinstall on your jacket zipper. That's what I would probably do.
I think they are fixed (so they are permanently attached to the zip).

I was looking at the following over in Japan

IMG_8824.jpeg

Dumpster D

They don't look 'fixed' to me, in that photo. I could work a pair of needle nose on those and pry one apart, carefully. Where there's a will there's a way even if I can't find a quick work-around to my problem.

There's probably some wholesalers and distributors that don't always deal with the public that have a stock of these 'tab's. Unless you own a business? It might be difficult to gain access to parts like that, but would also have to buy in bulk.

I would have to spend more time to research where to find a source just these parts it might not always be the case that parts like this are sold directly to the public.

You might have to phone a factory in Japan, ask for a free sample or something, I don't know haha! I'm just throwing out ideas.

(That is all just my own speculation of course.)

Someone might come along and happen to have some 'tabs' they would send you, hopefully.

Skyhawk

Someone might come along and happen to have some 'tabs' they would send you, hopefully.
Indeed. That someone may even have shiny and antique finish to choose from. These pullers have a gap on the top. You can carefully bend it a little, install, and bend it back. You would have to be super careful or it would break or get marked up.
IMG_20231231_121326911_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231231_121430961_HDR.jpg

Dumpster D

Indeed. That someone may even have shiny and antique finish to choose from. These pullers have a gap on the top. You can carefully bend it a little, install, and bend it back. You would have to be super careful or it would break or get marked up.

There you go!

Do it yourself Kids!!! Haha!!