• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repairing Moth Nips

Dany McDonald

Hi Waco,

Depending on the damage, I say yes its feasible. If you are dealing with actual holes, not total demolition, and there is fabric around to work with.

This is thread I posted about fixing knits that should be considered gone... I personally think that a jacket should be kept original within the boundaries of feasible...;)

Hope this helps.

D

B-Man2

I wrote this a while back and I still use this technique to fix moth holes. It absolutely works . Just remember to use as little glue as possible .

Dumpster D

Please post some photos, that would help.

My General rule is leave things as they are, unless it's absolutely necessary to repair.

For knit cuffs and waist, I match the thread and will darn them very discretely, closely following the knit pattern and it will take hours sometimes days depending on the amount of damage, I like to work while just listening to music or put on an old movie in the background to work by, and work patiently and steadily taking my time and enjoying the process.

Don't start until you know exactly what your plan of approach is, then follow through.

Maybe put some time aside when you're good and ready to do the work comfortably.

You can't rush art!! (seriously, it can wait!)

A yarn shop or knitting group might actually do a nice job repairing knit cuffs and waist if you can find someone who is handy with a needle and thread, and really knows how to knit. (Just a thought)

It might not be perfectly perfect as can be...but it will stop the runs at least...and looks ok from 5 feet away.

Cloth is another story, and if there's only minor moth damage I prefer to leave it alone 'as found' condition.

JonnyCrow

Please post some photos, that would help.

My General rule is leave things as they are, unless it's absolutely necessary to repair.

For knit cuffs and waist, I match the thread and will darn them very discretely, closely following the knit pattern and it will take hours sometimes days depending on the amount of damage, I like to work while just listening to music or put on an old movie in the background to work by, and work patiently and steadily taking my time and enjoying the process.

Don't start until you know exactly what your plan of approach is, then follow through.

Maybe put some time aside when you're good and ready to do the work comfortably.

You can't rush art!! (seriously, it can wait!)

A yarn shop or knitting group might actually do a nice job repairing knit cuffs and waist if you can find someone who is handy with a needle and thread, and really knows how to knit. (Just a thought)

It might not be perfectly perfect as can be...but it will stop the runs at least...and looks ok from 5 feet away.

Cloth is another story, and if there's only minor moth damage I prefer to leave it alone 'as found' condition.
That original worsted wool, mana for moths haha