• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

regarding the 27753

Tim P

My Goodwear 27753 arrived from CJ the other day and at a 46 fits my 44 tall frame well if a little snug. not one for more than a shirt underneath.
I am so glad of the extra length CJ ordered as for once, without looking too long, I have more than an inch between nipple and pocket tops, one hands width to be precise. As i had perused the GW site, the fit description of the 27753 seemed best suited to my frame and aside from the clingy forearms, which I am sure will stretch out, it is true.
one thing, I wisgh originals had had some character in the pockets and pocket flaps as the straight edges of this one are uninspiring. that said, they work just as well as scalloped ones and for that are all the more military in appearence. Poring over it I am amazed at the detail and workmanship. it is as CJ said a wealth of mismatched grain and tight construction that is a credit to John.
The absence of any red tones (compensated for amply in other jackets I have) makes for a pleasant chocolate brown on the pale side of what would be describes as seal and the whole thing is very reminiscent indeed of an original poughkeepsie I had in all respects.
It is glossy and has a strong odour at the moment, each of which which I am sure will mellow with time and wear. good strong knits.
Odd as it may sound the whole thing is so 'generic' looking as to be deserving of a no name contract.. does that make sense?
love it.

Roughwear

Tim, I am glad you like your GW 27753 no name contract A2. It would be good to see some pics of your wearing it. I have owned several originals in this contract and found them comfortable due to the more generous cut, especially the armholes. Enjoy wearing it.

ties70

Tim,

enjoy your NoName 27753! I have one of John's early 27753 prototypes and find the jacket a very comfortable pattern (at least for me: 210 pounds, 5'10).

The odor of the leather sounds similar to the one my seal brown GW PERRY has...my colleague has therefore named the PERRY "the Indian curry jacket".

Ties