• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reese AFB Patch..?? Any ideas

ausreenactor

ReeseC.jpg

Just spied this patch and could not find anything identical on google. What would the C signify? The variant of aircraft?? Any help greatly appreciated...

Couchy

Tim P

I have no idea but would like to say that the overlocking on that patch makes me dubious as to whether it is a military patch at all. the C could come from a tail marking of a squadron.

shedonwanna

Reese AFB in Lubbock, Texas was a reserve pilot training base flying T-38 aircraft until it was closed around 1997 or 1998. My guess is this patch was associated with one of the class squadrons. These sort of patches were not usually as well made since they were not used for very long and not really and official unit/squadron patch.

Reese was used as an Army Air Corps advanced pilot trainig in the 1940s. I believe the city of Lubbock now owns the airfield and it is used for business and private aviation. Hundreds of these airfiedls around Texas. I live near Ellington field which still has some reserve activity and is used by NASA. Also some private activity. Everything from Air Force One to space shuttles being ferried between coasts.

EMBLEMHUNTER

try this site it is very good for Class and Flight patches,
usafupt.com it has been on and off but it should work, if not try this site
usafpatches.com

watchmanjimg

Looks like C Flight of a Flying Training Squadron out of Reese AFB, possibly 54th. I couldn't find the exact patch during my quick search on USAFPatches.com, but it's similar to the patch worn by E Flight.