• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redmoon and Studio d'Artisan wallets...

sixties.nut

Yes these are very nice wallets for sure, If I bought one of these pocketbooks I'd have no cash left over to put in it. OTOH, they are very well made, maybe there might be a spring sale on them. You never know.

Regards,

MikeyB-17 said:
Is that first one not of the type I saw protruding from the arse pocket of a certain Mr. Bevan on another thread?

http://vintageleatherjackets.org/viewto ... 9&start=20

Yup
IMG_1124-1.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

Originally the hide was colourless, lighter than the shot of the logo. The outer colouring is just the result of use.

With this in mind I've always toyed with the idea of an A-2 in a natural hide.

Bevan.

watchmanjimg

bristolherc said:

Many years ago I visited a custom leather shop in Syracuse, NY that had a few cafe racers in what appeared to be a natural hide. Prior to that I wouldn't have imagined such a thing, but they were striking nonetheless. I'm sure with the right cut a natural leather jacket would look great.

Andrew

bristolherc said:

Bevan yours look much better than the SDA version (particularly the coin closer), is it the same brand or something else?

I've been wondering (dreaming) if JC might start to make wallets with unwanted off cuts...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Andrew said:
I've been wondering (dreaming) if JC might start to make wallets with unwanted off cuts...

The Few gave me the dark russet horsehide coin purse ... I really liked it, so I decided that it was too good to use.

Stupid, eh? :oops:

Andrew said:
bristolherc said:

Bevan yours look much better than the SDA version (particularly the coin closer), is it the same brand or something else?

Andrew, I forget what brand mine is, I may still have the tags. It's not SDA though. I got it in Kyoto at a shop called Porky's.
As for making them from offcuts, the wallet is much heavier leather, (2mm) than A-2 hide.
Mine was a basic model compared to some.
I've sen them with sharkskin, stingray and croc skin inlays, starting at about ¥75,000......

watchmanjimg said:
bristolherc said:

Many years ago I visited a custom leather shop in Syracuse, NY that had a few cafe racers in what appeared to be a natural hide. Prior to that I wouldn't have imagined such a thing, but they were striking nonetheless. I'm sure with the right cut a natural leather jacket would look great.
Jim, I don't want to crap on Ties thread, but the owner of Samurai Jeans, Nagomi-san , had an A-1 made from natural hide mid last year. Apparently it now looks unbelievable, I hope to see it at the Few trade show, it will be used to launch a new jacket for Samurai.
If you've seen how he can fade/ wear raw denim it's kinda like that in reverse with a brand new natural finish jacket, should be spectacular to see

Bevan