• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare transitional NAF N-1 in size 48 in excellent shape.

Dany McDonald

Hi,

This is a beauty and a rare one. The condition is just amazing for such a rare and enigmatic cloth jacket. It's all there, the Talon M43 #5, the reflective (pristine) U.S. NAVY stencil, the under arm loops, the alpaca goes to the end of the cuffs...
Label is intact, alpaca plush and full, the drawstring at the waist looks new. It's only missing one button.....

I have no ties with the seller and really hope someone here with deep pockets acquires it!

Dany

B-Man2

Great looking original and it’s a very rare size 48. But the seller is trying to shoot for the moon with that price. Original unpainted A2’s in similar condition and size aren’t going for that much.

Dany McDonald

He shaved 500$ in an offer yesterday, with the counter offer enabled. There is room for dealing here but to what extent.

From what I understand these transitional N-1 from Blue to Olive Green were not produced in great amount and in a short period. So scarcity + condition are inflating the asking price.

B-Man2

I added it to my wishlist just to track it and see what price it sells for. I’m guessing when it does sell it will be in the sub $2000. range.
Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Dany McDonald

Burt, why not just go for it, make an offer and explain why you think it's reasonable. It looks like he's testing water with semi-knowledge...

You will not see this garment again in that size and condition...

GLWTA = A means Acquisition ;)

D

B-Man2

Burt, why not just go for it, make an offer and explain why you think it's reasonable. It looks like he's testing water with semi-knowledge...

You will not see this garment again in that size and condition...

GLWTA = A means Acquisition ;)

D
Hey Dany
Thanks for posting this info .
In my early days in this hobby I would have given this some real consideration. But .. I’ve sort of turned the corner on a lot of this .
I’m getting up there in age and own far more jackets than I ever dreamed I’d have. I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to afford them and to own them. They’re not something that you can pass down to your kids, as most of our kids tend to view us as being deplete if any sense of fashion. I’m slowly starting to deal with the issue by moving some jackets on. I’ll still buy an occasional jacket but for the most part I’m into trying to sell a few. I have a Buzz N-1 I like it and it was considerably less than what this seller is expecting to pull on this jacket.
Sorry for the long winded response. Probably “too much information” here .:)

Dany McDonald

My bad Burt, I read your post too fast and in my haste it sounded like you were going to try to buy it... Sorry for sounding like I was trying to tell you what to do by the way.

I totally get the taking a breather on buying, may sound cheesy but ''less is sometime more'' ;)

Anyways you are always appreciated and replies from you are never “too much information”.

D