• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Squadron Patch?

dmar836

Is this is the ultra rare "Short Wing Piper Club" patch from the elite WWII squadron.

Actually, the Tri Pacer is commonly referred to as the "Flying Milkstool" due to it's largish undercarriage. This is how I envisioned it.

IMG_7923-1.jpg

Dave

dmar836

True. But it is actual to our club for the Short Wing Pipers. I have a feeling they will get a kick out of it.
I was experimenting with excision on this one.

Dave

unclegrumpy

Just as a FYI, even though it has a fourth leg, here is a photo of a WW I to WW II era Army mess hall stool. I know it's not technically a milk stool, but many of these ended up on farms once they hit the surplus market......I have found a number of them at barn sales over the years. By the way, the knob in the center is where you would hang your campaign hat.

messstool_1.JPG

unclegrumpy

They are solid stools. I have a couple and use them.

The one in the picture has been "restored" by having the old paint stripped off it. A neighbor of a friend of mine has a mint one that has never been painted on her porch. It is her "smoking stool". I have tried to up grade it for her with something with more cushioning, but thus far have been unsuccessful. :cry:

Now that you know what they look like, I bet if you keep your eyes out for one you will turn one up. Most all I have seen have been repainted along the way by the Army, either green or white, probably around WW II. Civilians painted them all sorts of colors....I had a nice two tone light pink and pale green one that looked like wooden 1957 Rambler.

Very few people know what these are, and $25-$35 seems to be kind of standard Antique Store price, while $5 to $10 a garage sale price. They can be nutty prices on Military lists, but are not something I think one should spend the big bucks for....they are one of those fun things that are out there that are just waiting for you to find.