• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare contract 55J14 G-1 back from Aero

Peter Graham

Some may recall the G-1 I bought as discussed in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5052
Today it arrived back from Aero with the new knits fitted. The work is up to Aero's usual standard, exsisting stitch holes used and top quality knits. The jacket is now a great wearer in fantastic condition and just in time for winter, if I can prise that ELC Cable off my back !
G-1001.jpg

G-1005.jpg

G-1002.jpg

G-1004.jpg

G-1003.jpg

G-1006.jpg

bazelot

Peter, It looks great. You got an awesome deal on this one at the fraction of the price of a quality repro. The mouton looks brand new, is it original to the jacket?

Roughwear

It looks as if Aero have done a splendid job with the knits, Peter. Any chance of some close-up shots of them as its hard to see the weave from your pics?

Peter Graham

Tom, the mouton is indeed original but in beautiful condition. There is a spot of slight wear along the leading edge but it's very little. Andrew, pic as requested.

G-1.jpg

Andrew

Brilliant, what a great feeling it must be- especially considering where it was prior to now. That particular jacket's come a long way.

Maverickson

Peter,

The jacket is a real looker :cool:. You have to appreciate the look of that 55J14 because I do!

Cheers, Dave

dadgad

Did they also cleaned/conditioned the leather?

Don't want to be too nosey but I have Pritzker's to refurbish as well and I would like to know how much did you pay.

Thanks
GL

Peter Graham

dadgad said:
Did they also cleaned/conditioned the leather?

Don't want to be too nosey but I have Pritzker's to refurbish as well and I would like to know how much did you pay.

Thanks
GL
Hi, the leather did not need any conditioning. It's in great shape. Aero charged £50 all in which includes work, materials and postage. Their prices have gone up a bit but I think it's still good value for a quality job.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
... The jacket is now a great wearer in fantastic condition and just in time for winter, if I can prise that ELC Cable off my back !

The 55J14 is beautiful .... and we all knew that you'd learn to love that Cable. :)

jack aranda

Hi, Peter:
Nice! This is one of my favorite jackets. Yours is great! I really like those rusty mouton collars and the thick knits. Good stuff. Thanks for the pics.

MikeyB-17

Been looking forward to pics of this one, Peter, and it's looking superb! Aero do a damn good job with stuff like this. I'm on the hunt for another Navy jacket now, the RM M-422a has left me, it was lovely, but had to go to finance my new bass.

Curahee

Peter,

I envy you ! I want one too.....bad....and just when I thought I had it under control. Fit looks outstanding :) soon....very soon......

G-1006.jpg
[/quote]

Peter Graham

Corey, the lining is indeed original as is everything else bar the knits. After much thought I've decided that this jacket must go. I don't want to sell it but it's slightly tight across the chest. My AN-J-3a is just as nice but fits better so the 55J14 would just gather dust and I've long had a policy that if a jacket doesn't earn it's keep it has to go. I can't afford closet queens so it's ebay bound. :(

better duck

Peter Graham said:
....) but it's slightly tight across the chest.
Aha, so that's it! While I thought you looked like you were holding your breath and/or stomach in for the our benefit, you were actually held by a Bua Geeone Constrictor. One of the more dangerous species around. Kill by both squeezing your wallet and your body. Sending it to E-bay is the only effective countermeasure.
Still, you looked sleek in it. But if after several minutes you would have looked sleek with a purplish hue on the cheeks, that wouldn't make for a comfortable and popular wearer, would it ... :D :D ;)

Andrew

I agree and know the feeling well, but in my case it's self inflicted. It's a funny part of the illness, the desperate need to get it then the equally desperate need to get rid of it.

Curahee

Sorry to hear that Peter, after all the effort that went into this project. Still it's the hunt that's
the most fun anyway, better luck next time.