• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ralph Lauren

johnwayne

Went with the wife Xmas shopping and went into RL store in House of Fraser - there hanging up was an A2 which I must say was pretty good and faithful in all respects apart from being pretty soft leather, supple leather more like a kid leather and the colour was nice BUT £875 ($1200?) - makes Goodwear look very keen and Eastman postively cheap and I know which I'd rather have.

Cheers
Wayne
PS anyone interested, I've seen a nice 42" Willis and Gieger A2 at £280 in London - a one shop business I've known for years that's just re-opened after moving called J Simons at 42 Chiltern St W1 (very near Baker St Tube) - they've also a Cooper but not sure of the size/price.

Jaguar46

johnwayne said:
Went with the wife Xmas shopping and went into RL store in House of Fraser - there hanging up was an A2 which I must say was pretty good and faithful in all respects apart from being pretty soft leather, supple leather more like a kid leather and the colour was nice BUT £875 ($1200?) - makes Goodwear look very keen and Eastman postively cheap and I know which I'd rather have.
Cheers
Wayne
Did it look like this? I ran into a guy on a recent flight with this jacket on, and it looked like a very nice jacket. There's a guy on Ebay selling these for about $600
RL1.jpg

RL2.jpg

RL3.jpg

RL4.jpg

RL5.jpg

RL6.jpg

RL7.jpg

johnwayne

thats the one, only the collar in your pics looks better than that I saw
Are the ebay one genuine I ask??
cheers
Wayne

zoomer

johnwayne said:
The label confers fashion, which fetches higher prices than style or quality.
Ralph's imprimatur makes wearing an A-2 acceptable to the au courant.