• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ralph Lauren M-421A

Hawkeye

Anyone else seen these in person? I stumbled on a rack of them at a local Hudsons Bay Company location and tried them on. I was pretty impressed with the cut and detailing, with a convincing spec label, and stampings on the inside, it even had a rough repro of a conmar zipper. My only issue was the fake aging it had, I liked the oxidized snaps on the inside but the grease spots were a bit much for me ;) The price was 200 bucks. Good, bad?

TankBuster

I like some of RL's jackets. Some of them look pretty good. They normally fetch pretty good money on Ebay, so I think you did pretty well.

Tim P

my guess is that RL go around rag mills for items with retro appeal and then set about doing a warts and all interpretation, naturally adding an RL 'twist'. If that is grease spots or holes that have been zig-zagged over then so be it. often it is artwork.
I think they are often fun jackets in their own right and buy them base on their appeal to me. some I leave right on the rack :(

zoomer

Ralph knows that you can't do simplicity in retail clothes. You can do an elegantly simple design like the '421 only if you gimmick it up and add flash. Clothes don't "class" themselves off the racks.