• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: G-1 7823B (WEP)

galvestonokie

Hi all:

i made a mistake on my original listing stating the parenthese contained (AER) instead of (WEP). regardless, i still wonder why this jacket has no "USN" stamped in the windflap. i reviewed jackets of the same contract on Roger Moore's web site and all of those had the USN stamp.

Maybe that makes this one a bit more collectable? doesn't matter to me, it's my daily wearer. leather has remarkable patina. Roger states that this series had seal over russet, which clearly shows through on this jacket. it has that well lived-in feel that i love.

my favorite jacket at present is a G-1 7823B (WEP) by Ralph Edwards. the jacket was named to a USMC Maj. Edgar Pitman, who was a WWII naval aviation pilot (enlisted) who went on to commissioning and flying transports. Don't know much else about him but the jacket is in great condition. As this jacket was probably built around ?1962, it was probably a 2nd jacket issued.

sorry about no pix but will send later.

bob

galvestonokie

Oops. while working on the jacket yesterday, I found the USN stamp. it is lower on the windflap than others I've seen.
Also, the jacket is so well worn that the leather has kind of closed the stamp a bit, making it hard to see. but it is there.
pix to come soon.

bob