• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about red summer flying cap

A

Anonymous

DSCN5040.jpg
Were these caps produced in red, or were they dyed after issued. Thought I rotated the pic sorry.

unclegrumpy

They came in red....plus other colors. It is not a military cap, but rather something that came from an outdoors or hunting store.

A

Anonymous

Maybe for goodluck, you have caffeinated coffee instead of your usual Sanka today.

deand

unclegrumpy said:
dmar836 said:
The contrasting thread is the giveaway on this one.
What about the little white bow Dave?

Hunting cap feature. It is a remnant of the type of hunting cap that had ear flaps that tied to hold them up over the crown, or across the front, of the cap when not in use. On this cap it is purely an aesthetic enhancement. This cap was probably chosen on the basis of its similarity to a B-1 to satisfy regulations, but still lend a uniqueness to the wearers.

dean

unclegrumpy

chitchat said:
Maybe for goodluck, you have caffeinated coffee instead of your usual Sanka today.
Yes, the real stuff gives me palpitations!

Dean, I think you missed that I was razzing Dave about the bow....he was too busy analyzing the stitches for his next masterpiece to notice it. :D

deand

unclegrumpy said:
chitchat said:
Yes, the real stuff gives me palpitations!

Dean, I think you missed that I was razzing Dave about the bow....he was too busy analyzing the stitches for his next masterpiece to notice it. :D

You got me! :lol: :lol: .

dean

unclegrumpy

You gave a most excellent explanation of the bow! I don't think many would know that, especially those overseas.

Chandler

That's a Kromer -- very popular in the U.P. (where I bought mine). I think LL Bean even carries them now.