• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proxy buyer requested

Rutger

I'd like to buy 3 F-16 posters. However, I can't get in touch with the seller for whatever reason, and he doesn't have shipping indicated to the Netherlands. He excludes a lot of countries, but does not include the countries he would ship to, other than the USA.

I'd like to ask someone here who lives in the US to step in and make him an offer/BIN for 3 samples.

Paypal and all that is covered.

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon 8.5”x11” Photo Print Info on Back | eBay

thanks,
Rutger

917_k

Unfortunately I can’t help with your request as I’m in the U.K., but finding myself in a similar predicament earlier in the year I was recommended the services of these guys:

I cannot recommend them highly enough. Essentially you get a US postal address, which you can switch between as your default address on Ebay and then use it as a means of purchasing stuff in the States, from sellers who only post within the USA. Ship7 will hold your items for you to 60 days, so a good approach to take is to order a ton of stuff and then have it consolidated into a single consignment. Their onward postage costs and fees are very reasonable and the great thing is you can declare the value of your items as you see fit, so avoid excessive import duty. (As a note, I have no issue with import duty in principe as it levels the playing field for domestic retailers. However when it comes to the import of vintage historic goods where there is no domestic competition to speak of I’d rather not get stung with excessive costs and rip off admin fees, so if I can avoid those I will and I don’t believe I’m causing undue harm to retailers or businesses within my country).

B-Man2

I'd like to buy 3 F-16 posters. However, I can't get in touch with the seller for whatever reason, and he doesn't have shipping indicated to the Netherlands. He excludes a lot of countries, but does not include the countries he would ship to, other than the USA.

I'd like to ask someone here who lives in the US to step in and make him an offer/BIN for 3 samples.

Paypal and all that is covered.

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon 8.5”x11” Photo Print Info on Back | eBay

thanks,
Rutger
Rutger
Id be glad to help you out.......PM me and let me know what youd like to offer on the BIN.

Rutger

Unfortunately I can’t help with your request as I’m in the U.K., but finding myself in a similar predicament earlier in the year I was recommended the services of these guys:

I cannot recommend them highly enough. Essentially you get a US postal address, which you can switch between as your default address on Ebay and then use it as a means of purchasing stuff in the States, from sellers who only post within the USA. Ship7 will hold your items for you to 60 days, so a good approach to take is to order a ton of stuff and then have it consolidated into a single consignment. Their onward postage costs and fees are very reasonable and the great thing is you can declare the value of your items as you see fit, so avoid excessive import duty. (As a note, I have no issue with import duty in principe as it levels the playing field for domestic retailers. However when it comes to the import of vintage historic goods where there is no domestic competition to speak of I’d rather not get stung with excessive costs and rip off admin fees, so if I can avoid those I will and I don’t believe I’m causing undue harm to retailers or businesses within my country).

That's very interesting. The ways of ebay USA have been annoying me no end, to the point that only books and must-have-at-all-cost items have found their way to my home the past 3-4 years.
Your advice seems to open up that market again, thanks (no thanks from the wife though... :D )

Persimmon

If in the UK and you open an account it gives two USA addresses options.
A New Jersey address and also a Tax free Delaware address.

Can I ask what you selected to have items delivered to your proxy USA address ?

917_k

The Delaware address is probably better as you don’t have to pay US tax if items are send there. I was initially using the New Jersey address until I clocked that fact, so I’ve ended up adding a few $$$ to the US coffers.

917_k

That's very interesting. The ways of ebay USA have been annoying me no end, to the point that only books and must-have-at-all-cost items have found their way to my home the past 3-4 years.
Your advice seems to open up that market again, thanks (no thanks from the wife though... :D )

Was the same for me until I discovered this service. It’s been murder for my credit card the last few months, but has opened up the opportunity to acquire a huge number of flight jackets that were previously impossible to acquire outside of the USA.

917_k

The Delaware address is probably better as you don’t have to pay US tax if items are send there. I was initially using the New Jersey address until I clocked that fact, so I’ve ended up adding a few $$$ to the US coffers.

I should add actually that this only matters if you’re buying on eBay, where they collect tax on your behalf at checkout. If you’re purchasing from private sellers, for example on Facebook marketplace or something then it doesn’t matter.

B-Man2

Just wanted to let you guys know that Rutger and I have worked together and gotten the job done . He’s now the owner of the photos he wanted . :)