• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Postie's been! (Now with pics!)

markc

I'm a very happy chappie today.

Just received my brand new Aero B6 (Seal/Seal trim).

No Pics at present (at work - I'll try to post later) but what a fabulous jacket!

I cannot tell you just how nice this one looks and feels and the fit is absolutely spot on (in my opinion), as it should be - since Aero still have my measurements from my last jacket purchase.

I've had to wait since December (and have, therefore, missed most of the cold weather) but it is absolutely worth it.

Will is always an absolute gent to deal with and I can't praise them enough.

Cheers,

jacketimp

Re: Postie's been!

markc said:
I'm a very happy chappie today.

Just received my brand new Aero B6 (Seal/Seal trim).

No Pics at present (at work - I'll try to post later) but what a fabulous jacket!

I cannot tell you just how nice this one looks and feels and the fit is absolutely spot on (in my opinion), as it should be - since Aero still have my measurements from my last jacket purchase.

I've had to wait since December (and have, therefore, missed most of the cold weather) but it is absolutely worth it.

Will is always an absolute gent to deal with and I can't praise them enough.

Cheers,

never had the chance to deal with will but amanda is a swell...very speedy.. efficient and helpful.........and yes aero is extremely busy.......so is ELC.......

enjoy your aero and you know we need pix...

markc

Re: Postie's been!

never had the chance to deal with will but amanda is a swell...very speedy.. efficient and helpful.........and yes aero is extremely busy.......so is ELC.......

enjoy your aero and you know we need pix...

Amanda's great too - yes.

Re: busy - the machinists are apparently working 60 hour weeks at the moment and the backlog goes right back to early December!

The strong Dollar and Yen vs the Pound is really working for Aero (and ELC too, I guess) right now.

And finally - some quick and dirty pics:

PICT7439-1.jpg

PICT7440.jpg

PICT7441.jpg

PICT7442.jpg

PICT7443.jpg

PICT7444.jpg

Cheers,

markc

BONNIEGIRL4 said:
Beautiful jacket, but the shearling looks long and heavy for a B-6, IMHO

TBH - I couldn't care less - I wanted a nice jacket that will keep me warm when it's cold (and that looks good!).

I know it will probably get me thrown out - but I want a jacket for wearing - not because it looks exactly like a piece of history.

The fact that old designs seem to be "better" somehow is just a happy accident as far as I'm concerned but I can't be bothered with the whole "perfect replica" thing.

I like the jacket though!

Cheers,

greyhound52

Great looking jacket. I asked Aero to make sure my D-1 was light on the weight due to living in N. California where the weather is not as severe. But I agree I want something to wear and keep me warm and if it is not 100 percent accurate but close enough that is good enough.

markc

The other great thing about the "older" style of jacket is that, due to the construction and materials, they seem to be much more durable.

I "kill" cheap jackets - 18 months is probably the longest a "normal" leather jacket has lasted in a reasonably wearable fashion.

I got into this hobby because I was looking for an "indestructable" jacket and (now that I've had the Alpaca replaced by coton drill and tougher knits fitted) my old Aero 1950s bomber probably fits the bill. Will did say that I should hire myself out to "distress" new jackets for people though!.

I won't get much chance to put any wear on the B-6 this year as the cold weather has pretty much gone now. Let's hope for a late cold snap.

Cheers,