• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PME Aviator jeans?!

dmar836

Saw the video and immediately thought, "Yeah right!" Cool plane but really a macho presentation.

IMO, if one strays too far from classic simple designs, one gets stuck holding something that's out of fashion from any angle in the near future.

Remember when Polo, Guess, Nautica, and Z Cavarici were names emblazoned largely on many items? How about the Coca Cola sweatshirts? I had a few of these fads as a teen and eventually wished I could cover the names at some point though there was plenty of life in them all - stopped wearing them all together. Kids in African bush are wearing most of than stuff now.

JMO
No style Dave

Steve Canyon

The presentation is macho indeed, however not the jeans.
Very thin, plain cotton; many bleed warnings, even on the invoice (wash seperately).
The cotton is rather stiff, not the softness of a Levi jeans for instance.
This fit is like wearing a 20 bucks jeans in stead of an over USD-$ 100 jeans.
The manufacturer tested (on what?)this jeans on high altitudes, hmmm...;
on lower altitudes I would recommend other (less expensive) brands.
On high altidutes I even would worn thicker jeans, no PME jeans.
Flight jackets are rather slim fit and I expected that from this ´aviator´jeans too,
so I ordered size up, right decision.
Summary, the macho presentation hides the disappointing quality and fit.

(Art. code: PME990/AVIATOR)

dmar836

I hate what happens when I wear my 501s or 505s in flight. Okay around town but at high altitude they just disintegrate. Got off the plane in Italy a few years ago only in boxers! I'll have to try some "high altitude" jeans.
My favorite(comfort) jeans were these green Lucky brand jeans in a thin soft canvas. Torn up beyond repair in a MC wreck.
Dave