• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"plus a whole world of utility jackets such as the denims"

SuinBruin

I guess this would be the subforum for denim jackets, then. :D

I just picked up an LVC Japan type II (507xx) selvage jacket thru Rakuten. It was the last size 42 I could find, so I pulled the trigger. I had to get a Japanese coworker look at the untranslated site to clarify what it had to say about shrinkage, and boy am I glad I did. I typically wear a 40 long, and the 42 was definitely big before washing -- really blousy in the body and a touch long in the sleeves. But one cold water cycle later, it shrunk a lot. It's probably right at about a size 40 now -- perfect through the chest and gut, and a little short on me lengthwise and in the sleeves. (I think this is appropriate for the look of a denim jacket, though, so I'm not bothered by it.)

I like the looks of the jacket a lot more than the typical type III/trucker's jacket. The wife even says she likes this one. (The Alpha L-2A, not so much.) Now I just have to break it in.

Here a listing for the jacket on a Japanese web site with some pretty good shots.
http://www.joenet.co.jp/casual/levi/vintage/507xx/70507-xx17/70507_xx17.html

If folks are interested I'll try to get some pictures. (I keep meaning to do that with all my jackets but somehow always come up short in the execution.)

Anyone else have any cool denim jackets to share?

injunjack

I got 2 years ago 70's NOS Levi's type III jacket in size 44. It was a bit big and cardboard like at first. Washed it first time before x-mas, and it shrunk a bit and softened nicely. Very glad I got it.
NO pics at the moment, sorry

Jack

oose

Hi,

I pick up this Japanese Type II before Christmas, such a great jacket, I've always owned Type III before (still have my first one from when I was fifteen).

yours stu

SuinBruin

Stu, that is a great looking jacket! I was torn between getting a type I or a type II, but the type II won out because I prefer the two front pockets and am not sure about the buckleback. But looking at your type I makes me wonder if I made the right choice....

I'm going to try to get some jacket shots up this weekend if I can find the time; my wife will be out of town with our daughter, so it'll just be me and our 2 year old son for a couple of days. Is dad up to the task? We'll soon find out.... :lol:

cheers,
matt