• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistol Packin' Mama noseart

Baron Kurtz

I have better pics but forgot to bring them. I'll be starting a thread about this jacket when i get them uploaded. As always, forgive the iMac pictures.

Pistol%20Packin'%20Mama.jpg

It does have a patch, too.

Squadron.jpg

This was a very popular Vargas Esquire centrefold.

vargas-pistol.jpg

There were many planes called Pistol Packin Mama, with various changes on the artwork. http://www.usaaf-noseart.co.uk/theme-pistolpackin.htm

I found this picture using the same centrefold but no wording or bombs or red circle.

Pistol_Packin_Mama.jpg

bk

442RCT

I like the nose art on the back of the jacket, can you post a close-up pic of it ? Thanks :D

TankBuster

Strange combination. The back is painted with bombs for bombing missions flown, but the front has a 23rd Fighter Group patch.
Post more pics if you can.

dujardin

TankBuster said:
Strange combination. The back is painted with bombs for bombing missions flown, but the front has a 23rd Fighter Group patch.
Post more pics if you can.

same feeling for me ????????????????????????

could be a guy (or a jacket refurbished) from CBI theater moved to a bomber squadron ?????????????????

Baron Kurtz

whoops. I should have mentioned that this is definitely not an issued jacket. :oops: Sorry 'bout that, guys.

I'm unclear as to the exact vintage of it, which is why i'm looking for opinions. The zip is a replaced YKK, the snaps are by Stocko. I have pics ready to upload.

bk

Baron Kurtz

I should stop referring to the zip as a replacement. This is what i was told, but i'm unconvinced.

Better pics.

Front. Note there was something stuck at one point to the left shoulder.

PistolPackin1.jpg

Back.

PistolPackin2.jpg

Art

PistolPackin3.jpg

Pockets. Closed

PistolPackin4.jpg

Open: Ring type snaps throughout the jacket. Made by Stocko.

PistolPackin5.jpg

And the reinforcement for the snap, also showing the snap back.

PistolPackin6.jpg

Collar area

PistolPackin7.jpg

Back of collar

PistolPackin8.jpg

bk

EMBLEMHUNTER

Baron Kurtz said:
I have better pics but forgot to bring them. I'll be starting a thread about this jacket when i get them uploaded. As always, forgive the iMac pictures.

Pistol%20Packin'%20Mama.jpg

It does have a patch, too.

Squadron.jpg

This was a very popular Vargas Esquire centrefold.

vargas-pistol.jpg

There were many planes called Pistol Packin Mama, with various changes on the artwork. http://www.usaaf-noseart.co.uk/theme-pistolpackin.htm

I found this picture using the same centrefold but no wording or bombs or red circle.
I think if you look real close at the bottom of this jacket just above the waistband you'll see there is some "wording" I can't make it out but it is there.

Pistol_Packin_Mama.jpg

bk