• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pike Brothers B-10 Jackets

on-to-berlin

Hello Everybody,
I have met some really nice VLJ members over the last week end at the Malvern Militariy Convention and thought I should register on the forum and introduce myself. My name is Fabian Jedlitschka and I have been collecting militaria and vintage military vehicles for more then 15 years now. Since I always wanted to have proper garments and especially B-10s to go with my WLA for a ride I decided to do this jacket. These jackets are exclusively made by me and I put a lot of effort into the production of these. Concerning some of the other question which have been posted here are the answers:
- the alpaca wool lining I have used is indeed shorter as on the original I copied. This was done for purpose and I think everybody who owns an original and has it worn with a T-Shirt knows how uncomfortable they are to wear on direkt skin. Since most of my customers including me have a motorcycle/hot rod background and are worn and torn a lot I decided to go this way.
- the zipper although it is in a vintage style should be made by Talon to be 100%. Currently I am waiting for a run of proper repro Talon zippers which will be put on the jackets on special requests. Since Talon is a pain in the ass to deal with directly I was´t able to get the proper Talon ones when work was in progress.
Besides this my jackets can easily compete with ELC or BR.
Since I am an enthusiast for vintage army/work wear clothing in the first place and not a dealer I highly appreciate feedback.
Also, I am doing more jackets in the future. Currently I am planning to do Navy Deck Jackets and early M-41 (Parson) jackets.
Again, I always welcome input here.
Best Regards
Fabian

ties70

Hello Fabian,

welcome to the forum!

You will notice that your B-10 is already topic of another thread here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685

Great to have somebody from Germany around, especially someone who dares to make his own stuff!

Ties

zoomer

Grüss aus Amerika, Fabian...
If you're interested in doing a Navy jacket, please consider the M-421...
M421.jpg

or the 1930s model 37J1A...
img55380819.jpg

Reproductions are limited to Japan, and you could certainly compete in that area!

Steve27752

Quote "Besides this my jackets can easily compete with ELC or BR".
That`s a big claim to make :lol: . can you back it up?

on-to-berlin

Steve27752 said:
Quote "Besides this my jackets can easily compete with ELC or BR".
That`s a big claim to make :lol: . can you back it up?
Hm, I know that was a big mouth full....but I think I can. :lol:

tgd31968

zoomer said:
Grüss aus Amerika, Fabian...
If you're interested in doing a Navy jacket, please consider the M-421...
M421.jpg

or the 1930s model 37J1A...
img55380819.jpg

Reproductions are limited to Japan, and you could certainly compete in that area!

Have to agree. We have a lot of options for a fall/winter weight jacket. What we need is a good quality light, summer jacket. M-421 or the 37J1A. If you are taking votes, I would snap up that 37J1a in a second. It is one cool looking jacket. I like the A-1, but a lighter cloth version would be ideal for summer wear.
Problem with the buzz rickson version is that they put the damn name tags on them. I don't like wearing stuff with markings on it that are not mine. If you did a 37J1A, I would like the option of not having the USN on the front either. I was never in the navy, and would feel wrong about wearing it. To avoid any fights, as I have said before, I don't care if others do, I just don't myself.

Terry

Terry

Hawkeye

I gotta agree. a 37J1a would be an excellent jacket to reproduce. Your B-10 looks great, and if I hadnt already gotten a second hand Buzz B-10 a couple months ago I'd jump on it, very attractive price.

on-to-berlin

Well, currently I am working on the Navy Deck jacket and early tankers jacket with patch pockets. But now as you mention it the navy summer jacket is also very very tempting. How is it with stencils anyway? I had some fellows asking me for not putting on the AAF stamp on the shoulder. Is this a minority only or would there be serious demand?

tgd31968

on-to-berlin said:
Well, currently I am working on the Navy Deck jacket and early tankers jacket with patch pockets. But now as you mention it the navy summer jacket is also very very tempting. How is it with stencils anyway? I had some fellows asking me for not putting on the AAF stamp on the shoulder. Is this a minority only or would there be serious demand?

I would think you would produce the jackets, and if they don't want the markings, just don't put them on. If they do, you can do it prior to shipping. Since you would be putting them on after the jacket is finished, what difference would it make?

My Dad fought in the pacific during WWII. Growing up, my Mom and Dad taught me that wearing rank, insigina, or other markings that you didn't earn yourself was disrespectful. I don't really agree, especially when a war has been over for a certain number of years, and it is obvious that the wearer didn't participate, and even then I know a couple of guys that wear their brothers extra BDU jackets because they are in Iraq, and they feel like they are remembering them and reminding people that they are over there. They have removed the rank, though.

At some point, a guy wearing a flying tigers marked jacket is more of an honor to remind people of their existance. However, my parents left enough of an impression on me that I just won't wear markings myself.

aurang

Since you already have a B-10 pattern, a post-war "civil" B-15 might be pretty easy to do. Basically a B-10 with slanted pockets a pen holder, and no epaulets. They were produced with a number of different linings, with the most common being the alpaca (much like on your B-10), or a simple quilted lining.

vintage_002_01.jpg

http://www.titoron.com/SHOP/vintage_002.html

ausreenactor

G'day!

Just gimme a chance to move my 37J1 at a very good price before you start turning them out. And these guys speak with fork tongue! Listed my BR 37J1 in a 42 and only two guys duked it out. If not for a snipe, I would have taken a dive on the hardest to find repro I have come across in Japan. Only seen four, a 36, a 40 and my two 42's. Well...have only seen two AN-6552's...so the second hardest to find...and there was those two Few B-2's...aahh. they dont pop up too often!

Anything you make will be supported and purchased. Very passionate group here to put it mildly!

Well done on the B-10!

Couchy