• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics and impressions from "The Bulge"

Curahee

Just got back from my 2 week trip to the Ardennes (Belgium/French/Luxembourg) and here are some of the pics I took of this epic part of Europe better known as "The Bulge" because of its bulging front line in december 1944

Hamm memorial/cemetery:

Ardenaise030.jpg
Ardenaise033.jpg

Ardenaise034.jpg
Ardenaise036.jpg

Ardenaise035.jpg
Ardenaise042.jpg

Ardenaise037.jpg
Ardenaise038.jpg

Ardenaise045.jpg

Ardenaise046.jpg
Ardenaise052.jpg

Ardenaise048.jpg
Ardenaise050.jpg

And here's one of yours truly (wearing my ELC House A-2 in Havanna brown HH) in the city of Arlon
Ardenaise021.jpg

More to come soon

Curahee

You're all very welcome, and here are few more from Bastogne (btw almost every city/village saw action so they all have
their own tank and lots more of original stuff. If you look closely you can see the militaria shop there, they have a lot of
original stuff in stock (mostly belts/field jackets/helmets/bajonets/ammo holders etc) but also full packed medic kits with
morfine and all. The museum in Diekirch has the best stuff ! no pics though though forgot my camera that day :?

Ardenaise003.jpg
Ardenaise004.jpg

Ardenaise006.jpg
Ardenaise007.jpg

Ardenaise008.jpg

Ardenaise005.jpg
Ardenaise009.jpg

Oh and this one I took of a German black-out poster at the museum in Ettelbruck

Ardenaise090.jpg
Ardenaise091.jpg

It reads "The enemy sees your light - BLACK OUT !" I really do like that skeleton on top of that plane :D

I also bought some nice books there with some outstanding pics of 82nd Airborne officers in it wearing their A-2's, wich I will try to make scans of today at work and post them here later