• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photo Album 67th Bomb Squadron in the 44th Bombardment Group

Peter Graham

Wow, what a piece of history. I love the photos of the Liberators lined up for takeoff. I've saved those. ;) Glad to see the healthy bidding.

T-Bolt

I recently met a gentleman that lives a bit south out my hometown. His name is George Insley and he served in the 44th Bomb Group....The Flying Eightballs....and flew with two of the 44th's squadrons. The 44th BG was made up of the 66th, 67th, 68th and 506th Bomb Squadrons.

George flew with the 66th and the 506th during his duty flying missions out of England to bomb the continent. I believe he said he flew 48 missions over occupied France, Holland, and Germany.

George was an aircraft commander of a B-24 during his service and has numerous good stories to share. We should all cherish these vets like George......they are my heroes!!

Ted