• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perry - Korea War re-dye

NW Carver

Hi All

Sorry about the delay in posting these pics, I was looking for them in my photo bucket account and couldn't remember the password... :(

And now I can't remember who asked me to post the pics in the first place.. :oops: Its my age... :D

Anyway, here are the pictures - I did post this jacket when I first got it, interestingly its been re-dyed and had a liner replaced at the same time (now gone around the neck) but the label on the liner states its a Cable Raincoat, yet its obviously a Perry (with collar stand, rounded pocket flaps etc):

Compared to an Eastman Cable (jacket at the back)
OriginalandEastmanCable-1.jpg

Collars:
OriginalandEastmanCollars-1.jpg

OriginalandEastmannecks-1.jpg

Collar1.jpg

Collarinside1.jpg

Original Colour inside jacket behind zip compared to Eastman:
OriginalColourcomptoEastman-1.jpg

Inside liner, taken from neck down, showing label sown in:
CableBackofLinerLabel.jpg

CableLabel1.jpg

Pocket flap:
Pocket1.jpg

Pocket2.jpg

Zip:
Zipre-enforce.jpg

Roughwear

Thanks for posting these comparative pics Nigel. As you know I saw the Perry at Duxford last year. It's interesting that the someone in the depot added the wrong label. I guess they didn't really care or didn't realise it was not a Cable Raincoat A2. Their only interest would have been refurbishing the jacket for re-issue.

dmar836

I have a Perry that appears to have been redyed as well. Same original color inside bottom. Appears otherwise original but has the AAF decal so likely done during WWII.
Great pics.
Dave