• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patched Nam-era G1 over $1000 on ebay w/3 days left!

SuinBruin

bazelot said:
That's a ton of cash. I bet those patches are worth quite a pretty penny to someone.
No doubt. They'll probably be cut off and resold. You'd think that one of Col. Guell's kids, grandkids, or great-grandkids would want his flight jacket. Oh well.

dmar836

I find it interesting that the name tag is so out of place due to the patches. Surely he didn't wear that with all those patches. Dandy patches for sure but the Phantom II patch makes it look like he wanted any and every patch he could get on his jacket for something other than duty. I think I have one of those Phantom patches my uncle gave me who retired from Mac years ago - not really a combat post type patch.
I agree the price is due to the patches and will likely be disassembled. I would be tempted as it doesn't really tell a story to me. Much more of a reunion piece.

I've seen guys with more patches than that wearing their jackets around, and they are on active duty. It is usually the fixed wing aircraft carrier guys. I guess they have to show off all of their "traps" on the carrier.