• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patch recommendations and suggestions welcome!

asiamiles

I have 2 jackets that I'm thinking of getting patched, but can anyone recommend with what? The patches don't need to be military ones, but I prefer them not to be anachronistic to the jackets...note there is an Army Air Forces stencil on the sleeve of the L-2. Patch makers are most welcome to suggest some of their own work.
The reason I'm thinking of patching these particular jackets is:
1) I don't much like the look of the twin leather triangles on the chest of the L-2, and a patch on the left is all I can think to possibly eliminate this...I don't really want to remove them.
2) I have 2 Buzz M-43 liners and though they are not the same model I feel a patch might liven up the one on the right and distinguish it more from the other.

L21.jpg

2xliners.jpg

s4rmark

Take a look on ebay . There's a seller abqmetal who has hundreds of patches. I scroll through and after researching them i buy the ones I like.

asiamiles

I'll have a browse.

My favourite patch has always been the CNAC one, but I don't think that would make much sense on either of the jackets...plus with China the way it is right now I'm not sure I'd want it on a jacket, even though colour wise this example would likely look great on that L-2...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/350591698430

My thinking is that probably something like a flight instructor or private airline patch might suit the L-2, while perhaps like a film unit or war correspondent patch would be at home on the liner?

Dany McDonald

On the yellow L-2, that have this experimental look and feel, I'd go with an early X plane, jet/rocket project patch. You do see a lot of different jackets worn by the personnel civilian and military alike.

They may be hard to find though and the custom contract may be your only source.

D

asiamiles

On the yellow L-2, that have this experimental look and feel, I'd go with an early X plane, jet/rocket project patch. You do see a lot of different jackets worn by the personnel civilian and military alike.

I think that's a good shout. Anyone have any specific examples they can recommend?

Dany McDonald

Some examples.... X-1

I think they would look good on your L-2.

If you look for specific projects you'll find some ground crews with jackets and sometimes patches.

Keep us posted with your finds/directions!

D

asiamiles