• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patch ID

jschare

Does anyone know what squadron this is?
349BS.JPG

jack31916

According to the book "The best of Disney Military insignia from WWII" this patch is from the 349th Bombardment Squadron.

Regards

jschare

Thanks for the info. All of the 349th information that I found had a Mickey Mouse like this one. Is this a second patch?
100bg349bs.jpg

jack31916

Could be... and both are probably unofficial patches.

The official approved patch (1957) is more 'formal' and shows a knight's head and a scroll with Blue Knights.

EMBLEMHUNTER

It is a 349th Design, and Disney art, they did a lot of emblems for thee services, although some were designed they weren't always worn/used as the members didn't always like what was designed, or sometimes they would start out with a "stateside" design while training and switch to a totally new design once overseas in combat.
But this make for an interesting area of research finding out the when/where etc , this emblem is shown in a much better rendering in the book titiled "Disney Dons Dogtags" if you can find a copy you would really enjoy this one as it has many many well known and some not so known emblems of all types.

It's no where near having all the emblems that Disney put out but a great refference just the same.

dujardin

jschare said:
Does anyone know what squadron this is?
349BS.JPG

from SCATTAURUS ??????????
i think yes.
i already discover error in their listing and had 2 patch for the same unit.
after search, i discover that they were two completely different units.
i don't remember wich patch it was nor wich unit.
but i have for sure in my file (regarding the 5th ERS) a difference of patch : take a look

5ers2.jpg
5ers1.jpg

on the right side, the one by Scattaurus.
so, wich one is the good one ??????

i think that our new member Emblem can give an opinion on this and/or help us

byeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

EMBLEMHUNTER

the difference in your 5th ERS patch is that the black color background emblem was one of the RKO pictures post war made emblems, amny were done by this company and not of accurate colors or very good details, there is a site that a lot of these are being sold on and they are mostly this type panted on canvas like material.
The true or more accurate 5th is the other example in the posting.

dujardin

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
the difference in your 5th ERS patch is that the black color background emblem was one of the RKO pictures post war made emblems, amny were done by this company and not of accurate colors or very good details, there is a site that a lot of these are being sold on and they are mostly this type panted on canvas like material.
The true or more accurate 5th is the other example in the posting.

many thankssss,
i can erase one from my file
byeeeee marcel