• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painted Jackets from 10 years ago

a2jacketpatches

These were done using combination airbrush and paintbrush about ten years ago. Face and hair details are done by hand, and it is pretty obvious what was airbrushed. I plan to get back into it using more of a classic hand painted look overall. Anyone interested, let me know.
MVC-002F.jpg

oldphotos008.jpg

oldphotos043.jpg

442RCT

I've already have two jackets from two different artists in the works, ("Witch Craft" and "Dragon Lady")now it looks like I'll have to think about commissioning a third jacket... :roll: :? :lol:

sparidon

I'm looking at doing a simple tribute A-2 to my friend Col. Bud Anderson. I would want Old Crow in his font painted on the back as well as his 16 1/4 kills marked with Balkan crosses and the 363rd FS patch on the front breast. Any idea what that would run?

442RCT

sparidon said:
I'm looking at doing a simple tribute A-2 to my friend Col. Bud Anderson. I would want Old Crow in his font painted on the back as well as his 16 1/4 kills marked with Balkan crosses and the 363rd FS patch on the front breast. Any idea what that would run?

I had the pleasure of meeting Col. Bud Anderson twice. The first time was 7 or 8 years when I attended a Friends of American Fighter Aces luncheon at the McClellan AFB. He was among a group of P-51 aces at the luncheon recounting their experiences. At the end of the presentation, they all graciously signed my A-2 jacket and next to their picture/bio in my copy of,Fighter Aces.

A few months ago he was at the local air museum flying solo to a standing room only audience, which hung on every word this gentleman said. Col. Anderson received a standing ovation at the end of his presentation and signed copies of his book, To Fly and Fight, some of the people had multiple, multiple copies...the museum sold a couple of cases. Ya know what? He stayed and signed every single one.

I'm glad you're getting an A-2 painted as a tribute jacket to this American hero. :D ;)

sparidon

Bud is a helluva guy. I am one of the historians for The National WWII Museum in New Orleans and I had the distinct pleasure of intervieiwing Bud on camera at his home for about 4 hours. I have stayed in touch with him and am currently working to get him down here to the museum to do a talk. Bud is awesome and I feel it only right to do an A-2 for him.

a2jacketpatches

How about I do the jacket as my part of the tribute to him, a few extra patches, and you get them signed for me? As long as I can remember, that P-51 has been stuck in my head. My Dad and I used to build WW2 aircraft models together and i'm sure he'd love a signed Patch. A friend of mine as well who's got a corner of his living room dedicated to WW2 Heroes.

Let me know, Sean

sparidon

I've got a call into Bud. I don't think he will mind at all. As soon as I hear from him I will let you know.

sparidon

Sean,
Bud said no sweat. Go ahead and make the patches and send them my way here at the museum. I will PM you the addy. Once you send me the patches I will send them to Bud for him to sign.