• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

P-61 Black Widow

NickP976

I have just acquired my second P-61 Pilot's A-2 this one from the 426 Night Fighter Squadron and named to Ira Craig Elrod.
Some picture of Elrod appear in the book by Gary R Pape titled "Queen of the Midnight Skies".
If I Google Elrod he comes up as listed in the USA as does Gary Pape and I would like to write to both of them to try and obtain copies of the photographs.
The problem is that although there are companies from which you can purchase addresses and phone numbers you cannot buy the information outside the USA as zip codes etc are required. I even tried phoning one company but they declined to help.
So my request is there anyone in the USA that uses something such as http://www.zabasearch.com who can get me the details I require at of course my expense.

426thNFS.jpg

426thNFS04.jpg

426thNFS05.jpg

426thNFS06.jpg

426thNFS08.jpg

426thNFS03.jpg

Marv

Excellent jacket you have aquired there, what contract is it as I can't tell from the photos.

dmar836

Yes, it's a great jacket ..... and is someone going to help Nick? :?

With divorce costs? My wife would kill me if I picked up a jacket that nice right now!
What a beaut!

Peter Graham

Very interesting jacket. I won't ask what it cost but it's nice to see someone in the UK aquire a piece like this. You are obviously a serious collector, and they are few and far between. Luckily we have a few on this forum.