• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Original" WW2 Painted A2

WBOONE

There is also a A2 jacket up for bids with the headline:ORIGINAL WW2 ARMY AIR CORP A-2 FLIGHT JACKET that has the Avirex, New York, New York tag on it. Is this a honest mistake or a deliberate deception? Is there any way someone like Andrew or others on here that have a "expert" level information base on authentic A2s could inform these sellers that they are not WW2 originals? If their honest then they would welcome being corrected, if their not then it might shut them down.

a2jacketpatches

Likely very little or just no idea idea at all with a 3rd Army and 8th AF on the same jacket. What can make this endless supply of wish-it jackets even worse is the added provenance that my grandpa wore it or something to that effect. Often times an honest mistake as WBOONE suspects with an inflated story that makes it intentional deception. I see it all the time at flea markets, Craigslist, and Ebay. But with my filters on all the time, I skip by them with a glance but not a second thought. Here on the forum is the only time I unintentionally stop to focus a minute. You could spend all day educating sellers and the next day there would be more.

Andrew

That patch looks as though its unsuccessfully trying to cover up some sort of damage...possibly a decal removal attempt gone bad.

Roughwear

Peter Graham said:
Roughwear said:
Breaking news!!! Eastman made jackets for USAAF servicemen in the War.

The seller doesn't actually say it's a wartime jacket. "Vintage Eastman A-2 worn by a US serviceman". It is a vintage Eastman A-2 and maybe a US serviceman wore it in the 1980's. And here's another oddly worded ELC auction from the same seller. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-East ... 7224&rt=nc

Correct but it is implied with the reference to a US serviceman. Initially the seller thought it was a Wartime A2!