• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Bronco A-2

bazelot

I got this one from CBI a few weeks ago and I have been wearing it every day since. Leather is bullet proof except on the collar crown where some of it peeled off (Looks like it is not getting any worse by wearing it). Ian (Dr H) gave me a nice GW repro label that I finally got around to installing. Thank you Ian, it really helped! The left pocket also had a hole that I patched from the inside and now it is almost impossible to tell there was anything there.
When I installed the label I debated removing the patch with the AAF logo that was there but I decided to keep it when I realized that it was part of the original lining and the original stitching of the label was still there so I put the repro one right over the stitch marks of the original one.
It is a great daily wearer and the Crown zipper works flawlessly. I was a bit scared to use it at first as Crown zippers are known to be fragile but this one is not going anywhere and has no weak spots (no separation on the male side). It is, I believe a size 44 as I compared the measurements to other size 44 Broncos and it is spot on.
Patina is just amazing on this jacket. It is a redye and the wear on the redye plus the natural aging of the leather makes for a stunning combination.

download_zps9a5e86ea.jpg

8c33ad2f-a3e0-48a5-b69e-4a97b561ba27_zpsa55f4922.jpg

download1_zpsfa246067.jpg

download3_zps40e73e12.jpg

download4_zps8a8e34c9.jpg

3aaf78df-a833-4f6b-8980-1319e5d8c230_zps026783a8.jpg

10cfaea5-ebfd-4105-9943-eae3ad0874e5_zps599716cf.jpg

download9_zps7f658479.jpg

download8_zps91928c91.jpg

Peter Graham

That's just how I like my jackets. Enough wear so you don't have to worry about damaging a mint jacket and good enough condition to throw on any time. Well done Tom.

PaulGT3

WOW!! While I dont know a thimbleful compared to everyone else's data banks here, that
jacket appears to be what we all aspire to. Either the perfect Vintage jacket
(like yours) or the fancy Pre aged Victory War Horse .50Cal Great Goat Super
Sheephide Time Worn Steely Steer hide reproductions, yours looks like the end of
the path that we all started on, where ever and when ever that was. Now I see
where we are all going. Thanks for showing us!! What a beautifully imperfect perfect
example!!!

Maverickson

Hi Tom,

That Bronco has obviously turned out to be a nice original wearer. By your adding that label it looks like you have added a new dimension or simply brought back the heart beat in to that jacket!

By choice I prefer wearing original vintage USN jackets. However, I'm open minded enough to enjoy them all. Moreover & what I am seeing here is a fine example of what draws me to this vintage jacket collecting.

Enjoy!

Dave

bazelot

Thank you guys! Yes I believe this is close to a perfect wearer. I think PaulGT3 hit the nail on the head when he said "What a beautifully imperfect perfect
example!!!". The label did turn out enhancing the jacket a lot. I am glad I could attach it easily. Since the knits were already replaced I do not have to worry there.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, great jacket.
Do you guys think this jacket is a depot redye?