• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original 349th Squadron, 100th Bomb Group Patch

This just came in the mail today from eBay! It’s an original leather 349th Bomb Squadron, 100th Bomb Group patch. The leather is made of lambskin and it’s very soft and floppy. On the back you can see the indentation of Mickey and Pluto. There’s tape marks on the left side which tells me this was kept in a scrapbook. On the top right part of the leather is ripped away presumably from removing the tape.

Also included is a picture photograph of the original owner. On the back it says, “My Uncle Willard.”

The eBay seller said she picked this up at an estate sale in Seattle and she doesn’t deal in militaria normally. Based on the condition of the patch, the included photograph and the details of the patch this is 100% legitimate.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0215.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0216.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 47

atlasfields

I didn't see that thread what was said?
Sean asked for a link to the auction. “Send me the link, I wanna take a closer look...Probably that ours look exactly like originals. We're trying to maintain a reality to this market. This is one of a few images I found and chose it because it was just straight printed, the others were embossed and either hand painted or screen printed in addition.”