• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordering from Eastman or Aero web site

luca_brasi

Has anyone from the US ordered directly from the Eastman or Aero web sites? Besides the normal shipping charge, are there any duty fees payable upon receipt?

Thanks,

Bryan

Clark J

I got hit for $70 bucks on my last jacket(customs sends you a bill).Doesn't happen all the time..hit and miss.

SuinBruin

I don't know what Aero's direct prices are like in dollars with the British pound taking a beating these days, but if you go through Mark Moye on eBay to order an Aero you won't have to pay shipping or duty. (You can also use the Bing search feature to get cash back on the purchase -- saved me over $50 when I ordered last October.)

The downside to going this route is having to deal with an intermediary instead of Aero directly. This may or may not increase your wait time, which can get to be pretty outrageous. My experience with ordering an Aero through eBay is discussed here:
http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7137

Of course, if the Aero you're interested in isn't listed on eBay, this may be academic. But if you want to be sure to miss the shipping and duty charges, you could always contact Mark and see what he can do for you on jackets not currently listed....

A

Anonymous

you guys are lucky,
Here the price after customs and taxes increases by 450% a recent study shows.

That's if we import things from outside EU

Corey

Platon: what's your location?

I've ordered a few jackets directly from Aero in the past and got hit with customs about half the time.